Guidelines for Authors
Food and Fermentation Industries（F&FI）is a semimonthly academic journal publishes in China and abroad on 15th and 25th every month. F&FI is a core journal in Chinese Science Citation Database (CSCD). It is also indexed by Chinese Science and Technology Paper Citation Database (CSTPCD) and Guide to Chinese Core Journals. In order to comply with the national standard for scientific journal publication as well as to enhance the successful rates for publishing papers on F&FI, the following notifications are made:
1. Aims and scope
F&FI is a peer-reviewed journal dedicated to publishing original research and review papers in the fields of food, fermentation science and technology. It particularly reports the latest research progress of food and related cross-disciplines. The journal aims to reflect the excellence and advancement in food science and technology, promote the professionalism process of this subject, and facilitate communication among experts, scholars and researchers at home and abroad.
As a guide, papers relating, but not exclusively, to the following broad topics will be of interest to the journal：
● Food biotechnology
● Food fermentation and brewing technology
● Food additives technology
● Food packaging and storage
● Food nutriology
● Food machinery
● Food examination and detection
● Processing technology for edible oils, meat products, dairy, fruits and vegetables and condiments
● Processing and utilization of food by-products
2. Submission requirements
Authors are kindly requested to submit full-text papers including results, tables, figures and references. Full-text papers will be accepted only by Online Submission. The submitted paper must be scientific, original, creative and practical. It also needs to have great significance for theoretical guidance or for application reference. The paper must be written in smooth and concise language, and has clear key points/highlights, definite argument points, reliable data, clear logistics and rigorous structure. All tables and figures need to have high resolution and labelled correctly, and all equations need to be correct. All referenced papers need to be as new as possible (papers published in last five years are ideal) and should be relative and representative.
3. Formatting requirements
1) All papers must be written in the format provided before submission: template for papers. The length of the paper should be around 5000 Chinese characters in total.
2) The title of the paper should not exceed 20 Chinese characters. The paper should have 5-8 key words that can accurately reflect the theme of the paper.
3) Both Chinese and English abstracts should include the aim, method, results and conclusion of the study. Chinese abstract should not exceed 350 Chinese characters, and English abstract should not exceed 150-300 words.
4) If the research is sponsored by any fundings, please provide relevant information regarding the funders at the left corner of the first page.
5) All units and labels must comply with national standards.
6) The reference list must comply with the national standard GB 7714-2015 Information and documentation-rules for bibliographic references and citations to information resources.
4.Peer review process
Food and Fermentation Industries (F&FI) implements a double-blind peer review system to ensure originality, relevance, scientific significance, and readability.
Manuscripts that have been submitted to F&FI will be selected and assessed by the editorial office concerning whether the manuscript is free from plagiarism, and whether it fits the writing instructions and falls within the aims and scope of F&FI. If it is not corresponding with the authorship instructions, the manuscript will be returned directly to the author for revision and re-adjusted to the existing provisions. However, if the contents in the manuscript are not corresponding to the aims and scope of F&FI, or it fails the plagiarism detection, the manuscript will be immediately rejected and not continued at the next review stage by the editorial office.
After the authors revise the manuscript and are suitable with the F&FI authorship instructions, the manuscript will be continued to the peer-review process. At this stage, the manuscript will be distributed to the reviewer who is an expert in the same field. The identities of the authors are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa. The author might recommend specific reviewers who are believed to be appropriate for peer review or suggest avoiding reviewers who have conflicts of interest. Decisions are usually made within 15 to 40 days from the day the peer-review process starts. The results of this peer review process will be divided into 4 decision categories, including:
1) Manuscript accepted without any revision (acceptance): The journal will publish the paper in its original form. This type of result is rare.
2) Manuscript accepted with minor revisions (acceptance with revisions): Reviewers will provide comments on the results of their review. If the author revises the manuscript following the reviewers' comments, manuscripts will be reconsidered for publication purposes and declared to be re-accepted by reviewers.
3) Manuscript accepted with major revisions (acceptance with revisions): Reviewers will provide the results of their review in the form of comments related to the core parts of the substance of the manuscript, as in the data analysis section, and the theory used. If the author revises the manuscript following the reviewers' comments, manuscripts will be reconsidered for publication purposes and declared to be re-accepted by reviewers.
4) Manuscript rejected (rejection): Reviewers do not recommend texts for further consideration for publication purposes.
The manuscript accepted will continue to be processed during the editorial process to prepare for publication.
All papers submitted or published in Food and Fermentation Industries are deemed to agree with the journal for electronic publishing, internet publishing and other forms of publishing, and for use by the authorized cooperative media and network platforms. The accepted papers for publication in F&FI must not be re-produced elsewhere without the written authorization. To comply with this policy, authors will be required to submit a signed copy of Copyright Transfer Agreement after acceptance of their papers.
Food and Fermentation Industries Manuscript Publishing Contract
Authors (Party A) and the editorial department of Food and Fermentation Industries (Party B) agree as follows on the publication of the manuscript:
1. Party A transfers the following rights of the manuscript to Party B: (1) Compilation rights; (2) Distribution rights, dissemination rights and reproduction rights of the paper version, online version, and other electronic versions. (3) Priority is given to digital publication on CNKI hosted by China Academic Journals (CD-ROM Edition) Electronic Magazine.
Term of copyright transfer of the manuscript: From the effective date of this contract to December 31 of the 10th year after Party B officially publishes this paper for the first time.
The copyright transfer of the manuscript is applicable to all parts of the world.
Within the above term limit and region, 1) Party A can compile the full text of the manuscript into Party A’s own non-periodical collections; 2) Party A can cite part of the manuscript in subsequent works. However, in the process of the above use (including citation), clearly mark the journal name, year volume, and issue number of Party B's journals.
2. Party A guarantees that: 1) This manuscript is the original work; 2) All the authors of the manuscript have made substantial contributions to the manuscript, the names are correct, and the order is undisputed; 3) All facts in the manuscript are true and accurate; 4) When quoting the achievements of others, necessary marks have been made; 5) The manuscript does not violate the copyright agreement between Party A and other publishing institutions and does not violate the confidentiality agreement between Party A and its partner institutions. In case of infringement or leakage issues, Party A shall bear the responsibility.
3. Party B guarantees that Party A will be notified of its handling opinions within 60 days after receipt of Party A's manuscript. If Party A receives a notice of rejection, the contract will be automatically terminated; or if the review comments have not been returned despite multiple arrangements by Party B and the deadline has passed, 1) Party A can continue to wait for the processing comments; 2) This contract is automatically terminated if the manuscript can be withdrawn.
4. When the paper is first published in Food and Fermentation Industries, Party B will pay royalties to Party A at one time.
5. This contract is in duplicate, each Party A and B hold one copy. This contract takes effect from the date of signature by both parties.
6. Other unresolved matters will be resolved through negotiation between the two parties.